About this Blog
Lyckoland is an inspirational lifestyle blog dedicated to everything cute and colorful that we all can add to our everyday lives to brighten up each day. Through this blog, I want to do my share to make this world a more beautiful and friendly place by inspiring to a healthy and happy lifestyle where creativity and curiosity is nurtured.
Recurring topics are:
- Book reviews
- Random pretty things (I've several blog categories for this, but try the Fashion & Style or Object of Delight section)
- Castles and Manors
- Glimpses of my life (and if you want to know more about me, please click here)
Some of my favorite posts...
I decided to pick one personal favorite post from each of my most frequently used blog categories.
- A review of a collection of short stories by Kerouac (only in Swedish though)
- A visit to Tjolöholm Castle
- I made my own tea bags once
- Crunchy Parmesan Crisp recipe – so simple and so delicious
- A cute vintage dress I wore for a wedding
- Like... a thousand photos from our garden
- Pictures from my trip to India in January 2012
The name of this blog, Lyckoland, makes perfect sense in Swedish, but if you, like the majority of the people on this earth, don't speak this odd language, I would translate it into something like the land of happiness.
I blog in Swedish and Swenglish, and if English is your native language, you will find imperfections and grammatical mistakes. Bear with me, please.
I started this blog in 2008, and it's been a good friend of mine ever since. It started out as a way for me to write about my dreams, thoughts and frustrations and to remember the days passing by. Today, this blog is more of a way for me to channel my creativity and take part in this sparkling, inspirational revolution where people create amazing things and share it to the community, simply out of love.